The Basic (IJMB) programme (BIP) is an Advance Level Programme intended for candidates aspiring to gain admission into any Nigerian University at 200 level (UG II) through Direct Entry. The programme last for Twelve (12) months divided into two semesters. During this period, students are exposed to intensive lectures from Mondays to Thursdays every week and a weekly CA test/Practical work on Fridays.
Entry Requirement into Basic (IJMB) Programme
Candidates aspiring to be admitted into the Basic (IJMB) programme must:
- Obtained a minimum of five (5) O/L credits from General Mathematics, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Agric. Science and Physics (for basic and applied Sciences).
- Obtained a minimum of five (5) O/L credits from General Mathematics, English Language, Literature in English, IRS, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Hausa, Arabic Lang. and Government/History (for Arts and Social Sciences).
The programme is specifically designed for interested candidates from the 23 Local Government Areas of the State (Constituting 70%), 25% from the Catchment States and 5% from other States.
Minimum Requirements into all Universities
- Student must have obtained a minimum of 6 points in their final exams (this is subject to change by the NUC).
- Student must have purchased JAMB Direct Entry (DE) form and have chosen Sokoto State University or any other University across the country as his first choice.
- Must have remedied all deficiencies (if any), for English Language and General Mathematics Credits in IJMB Basic Maths and Basic English are acceptable by the Universities.
- All IJMB students from the College, as a privilege, shall automatically be given admission into the Sokoto State University provided they satisfy the afore-listed conditions.